Monday, April 11, 2016

The Voice winner Kevin Simm lands first gig…as a wedding singer

THE Voice winner Kevin Simm has landed his first gig as champion – as a wedding singer.

Kevin Simm with judge Ricky Wilson and on his ownBBC

FIRST GIG: The Voice winner Kevin Simm will begin his career...as a wedding singer

The former Liberty X chart-topper has worked as a wedding photographer for the last few years.

And he revealed: "I am booked for a wedding on Saturday. I will be there. I never let people down.

Kevin SimmGETTY

SUCCESS: The former Liberty X chart-topper worked as a wedding photographer before The Voice

Kevin Simm's first albumIG

POPULAR: Kevin's debut single has gone straight into Number 2 in the charts

"It's a massive day for the people involved and so I plan to honour the booking. I also sing at weddings too."

"I just hope people believe in me"

Kevin Simm

But Kevin finally looks set to break the show's curse by being a star.His debut solo single All You Good Friends is already on the way to becoming No 1 in the iTunes chart, and went straight in at No 2 last night.

Thrilled Kevin, 35, said: "I just hope people believe in me."

The singer from Chorley, Lancs, was crowned the winner of the last series to be aired on BBC One on Saturday night.

Kevin Simm with Ricky WilsonBBC

WISH: He said he hoped believe would believe in him

He says he did not enter The X Factor because the producers would have made a big fuss about his past with Liberty X before he went in front of the judges.

Kevin added: "For me it was a case of coming on here where no-one knows who you are and singing in the blind auditions."

Related articles
Source: The Voice winner Kevin Simm lands first gig…as a wedding singer

No comments:

Post a Comment