Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Contacting Graphic Artists/Photographers/Artists For Use of Their Images

I have begun the process of publishing a zine/book of erotic haikus I have written based on images I have found online and posted on my blog..... I am exploring the feasibility of using these image in the publications. 1) I am publishing as a zine. I am also thinking of self-publishing as an e-book and submitting to a publisher. 2) Some of the image are from classic or professional artists (Schiele, Matisse, etc) 3) Others are from current artists. I can easily contact them direct though the information given on the reblogged images. 4) Most images had no artists name attached. As such I assume they to be in public domain. (I can search through Google Image to see if I can find author)

These are haiku so the publications are going to bring in a little change. With this in mind how do I go about asking permission to use classic and current artists work and how do I go about using images where no artist can be found?

posted by goalyeehah to Media & Arts (8 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Source: Contacting Graphic Artists/Photographers/Artists For Use of Their Images

No comments:

Post a Comment